AHA Certified BLS ACLS Course and Certification at Kottayam.
BLS and ACLS are Emergency Cardiovascular Courses (ECC) designed by American Heart Association (AHA).
- BLS course duration: 1 day ( 9 am to 5 pm)
- Fee in Kottayam : 3500 INR (inclusive of study materials, certificate, laminated cards and courier charges)
- ACLS course duration: 2 days
- Fee in Kottayam : 6000 INR (all inclusive)
- If you take both these courses together, you will get a discount of 600 INR. (i.e. the fee for both these courses together will be 8900 INR).
- Pretest is mandatory for ACLS.
- BLS ACLS Kottayam
Course format and exam:
BLS Provider course (6 hrs) is a 100% instructor led – video based program, with skills practice and testing. There will be 25 MCQs. Passing score is 21 out of 25 (84%). ACLS provider course (17hrs) is also a 100% instructor led – video based session, with skills practice and testing. For ACLS, there will be 50 MCQs and the passing score is 42.
Click here for sample MCQs
BLS Course contents: ACLS BLS Kottayam
This course will teach the following topics with an emphasis on practical skill development.
- Adult chain of survival
- Scene safety and assessment
- High quality chest compressions
- Use of Pocket mask for giving breaths
- Use of AED and AMBU bag.
- Mouth to mouth breathing
- Respiratory Arrest
- Opioid associated life threatening emergencies
- CPR for patients with advanced airway.
- Team dynamics.
After successful payment, you will receive AHA books.
ACLS Course contents:
These courses emphasize on practical skill development and enhancement on the following topics. BLS ACLS Kottayam
- High-quality Adult,Child and Infant BLS
- Adult,Child & Infant Choking
- Adult and Child Chain of survival.
- Systematic approach/Assessment of patients in cardio vascular emergencies.
- Airway management.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- ECG interpretation
- Brady Arrhythmias
- Tachy Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Arrest
- Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Post Arrest care
- Intraosseous access and
- Dealing with dead patients.
(ACLS BLS Kottayam) Certificate Validity: This is an AHA certified course and is globally valid for 2 years from the date of commencement of the course.
There is a mandatory online pretest for ACLS course. Below link will guide you through the process.
On the course day:
Please reach 15 minutes before the scheduled time. Wear loose, comfortable clothing. You will be practicing skills that require working on your hands and knees, bending, standing, and lifting.If you have some physical problems, please tell one of the instructors when you arrive for the course. The instructor will work to accommodate your needs within the stated course completion requirements. If you are unwell and unable to participate, please inform us to reschedule your course. Please note, the fee paid is not refundable.
AHA now emphasis on Ecards, which has high security features. As it is issued online, all participants need to register on cprverify, a website of AHA. Few training centres provide printed copy of e cards as well.
Pre-booking and payment is necessary?
Yes. As per AHA guidelines all participants must read the books before they attend the course. Hence, pre-booking is mandatory.ACLS BLS Kottayam